FACULTY POSITION BIOCHEMISTRY AND CELL BIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
CHOBANIAN AND AVEDISIAN SCHOOL OF MEDICINE BOSTON UNIVERSITY
The Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology at the Boston University Chobanian and Avedisian School of Medicine (https://www.bumc.bu.edu/biochemcellbio/) invites application for a faculty position at the Assistant Professor level. The position comes with competitive salary, generous start-up support, and ample lab and office space.
We are seeking scientists with a demonstrated record of productivity and scientific excellence, addressing important and challenging problems across a broad range of research areas, including, but not limited to, cell biology, systems biology, epigenetics and chromatin biology, RNA biology, and metabolism. Candidates must have a Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree, with relevant postdoctoral experience, and plans to develop a creative and independent research program. We especially welcome applications from members of all groups underrepresented in STEM.
The successful candidate will join a welcoming and vibrant Department that in the last decade has enjoyed a major transformation in its personnel and infrastructure, including hiring new faculty members at all levels and renovation of 35,000 square feet of research space. Research currently encompasses six main themes: Development, Cell Biology, Genomics, Neuroscience, Metabolism, and Proteomics/Glycomics.
Applicants should upload the following items to https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/25282 :
- • Cover letter (max 1 page),
- • Curriculum vitae including full list of publications,
- • Research statement with a description of significant research accomplishments and future research plans (max 3 pages)
- • Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) statement highlighting the commitment to mentoring diverse trainees and contributing to increasing inclusiveness and diversity in the Department (max 1 page)
- • Names and email addresses of three persons who will provide letters of recommendation (to be submitted online by the reference writers)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through the Fall until the position is filled. Please direct email queries to email@example.com.
Boston University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer